Friday, August 19, 2016

This has got to stop.

I've developed some bad habits over the past six months, habits that have resulted in negative consequences on my mind and body.

I'm ready to be done.

I've developed a taste for and have been indulging in:
Chips
French fries
Cookies
Donuts
Muffins
Candy
Bacon
Sausage biscuits
Bagels
McChicken sandwiches
Alcohol

Sometimes I chew and spit most of it out, sometimes only part of it.
I've gained about 10 lbs in the past 9 months. Not good. It's been a slow creep due to my eating habits.

I'm going to do better. I know I can.

My plan is to try to break the habit of stopping at drive-thrus, even if it has "only" been 2-3 times a week. It's adding up.

I'm so scared. I don't know how to deal with the anxiety and the depression without the instant comfort of food.

Most of my indulgences have been simple carbs. I don't want or need to eliminate them entirely, but given that I don't work out as much as I used to, I don't need that much.

Things that I enjoy that I can have when I'm having a sweet craving:
A mango
Strawberries
Blueberries
Jawbreaker (1-2)
Sugar free popsicles

I just need to retrain my taste buds. I want to start eating more veggies again, like I used to. I used to think they were delicious.

Have I mentioned that I am scared?

But I'm more scared of continuing to live this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment