Friday, July 1, 2016

Day 13: Beginning of a long weekend.

Today I am off from work. Last night, I really wanted to celebrate the upcoming long weekend by...drinking, of course. I was so close.

But I'm at a point where it is easier not to even get started. Instead, I watched TV with my husband while eating popsicles and then crocheting. Maybe not the most raucous of celebrations, but enjoyable nonetheless.

I asked God to help me not to drink, but it was half-hearted. However, He still came through for me. 

I will be honest - I am thinking about having a glass or two of wine tomorrow at the family gathering. I don't know if moderation is in the future for me. I'll have to think about it.

Despite not getting a lot of sleep last night, I feel good physically and mentally. I think that when I was drinking so much, I kind of got used to feeling 'off' all the time. It's refreshing to feel good most of the time, now.


No comments:

Post a Comment