Thursday, September 8, 2016

The weekend is approaching.

I can feel the old urge approaching with the end of the work week.

"You need a break. You need to relax, to forget. You deserve the sweet relief that drinking can give you."

The truth is, I deserve better. I deserve to be clear-headed and healthy. I deserve true relaxation, not the false chemical relaxation that alcohol induces.

There's so much I have left to do. Alcohol is hindering all of this.

Please God, don't let me give in to the self-destruction.

How about an evening spent reading on the couch, covered by a cozy blanket as the fan blows a gentle breeze? Maybe with some popcorn to nibble on. That used to be one of my favorite things to do before that demon came into my life. I miss those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment