Sunday, September 25, 2016

Weekly Goals: Sept 25-Oct 1

Weekly Goals:

Not as many this week, primarily because I want to focus on the first week of Whole30.
  • Complete 1st week of Whole30! I think the biggest challenge for me will be not having stevia in my coffee. Actually, it will be not weighing/measuring myself for a whole month. I really want to show myself I can do this and experience the benefits. Result: DONE! I followed the plan and didn't cheat except for some chewing gum (I had a meeting at work) and bacon (no nitrates but it did have some sugar added - oh how I love my bacon). This is the longest I have gone in YEARS without weighing or measuring myself, and the mental freedom is amazing. I can tell by the fit of my clothes that I haven't gained weight. It is so relieving to know I can give that up. My relationship with food is being restored, as well, as I begin to see food more as functional fuel. My energy levels are much more stable. I have been having some problems falling asleep, but the past two nights that has gotten better. With all the veggies, I feel full and bloated sometimes, which can be uncomfortable. But overall, it is completely worth it. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next weeks have in store. I expect it won't all be easy, but the benefits will be worth it. 
  • Enjoy seeing family at a park Sunday afternoon - especially my nieces and nephews. Result: Cancelled due to my mom having to go out to Colorado early to help my sister out. But instead, I met her and an other sister for lunch on Saturday, which I really enjoyed. We'll do the hike in another couple of weeks.
  • Complete 2nd counselor visit and decide which one I want to continue seeing. Result: I liked this counselor as well, but I think I connected more with the first one. Overall, just two sessions have helped my outlook on life so much. This one did suggest that I try EMDR to help with the PTSD. I think I might seriously give that a try. 
  • Complete 1st home visit for foster care. Result: Done, and we passed. We're signed up for the parenting classes starting in mid-October. We still have our official home inspection to get through and some background checks, but it's starting to come into place. We might be certified around March of next year. 
  • Make substantial more progress on my project at work Result: Done, although it felt like two steps forward and one step back. As I learned more information I had to challenge some of my previous conclusions, which might take the project in a different direction. But it was really helpful to get insight from two key individuals this past week that I had reached out to. What has really been interesting to me is how willing people have been to help by sharing their perspectives. It was a good week. 
  • Bring another key stakeholder on board via a conference call Tuesday morning. Result: Done, and maybe a little to well...looks like I will be giving an abbreviated version of the presentation to some of our company's top management week after next. It's an honor but it means more preparation on my part, which is time away from my other work. But, this is valuable. If it succeeds, we will be taking our company in a positive direction.
  • Meet with 3 individuals and really gain a better understanding of their perspectives as it relates to the project. Result: Done, and it went well with all of them. With the last one, I had to have someone of a difficult conversation trying to find the truth about something, but we got through it. 
  • Start figuring out a way to help a manager with a problem he approached me with. It is a matter of cutting down on unnecessary/duplicate paperwork. Result: Did not get to work further on this, which was disappointing. I found out this week he has some personal stress going on in his life, and this small thing might be a good way to help alleviate just a little of his burden at work. 
  • Attend small group on Friday and church on Sunday. Result: Done, and started to connect more with members of the small group. I enjoyed the sermon at church about heaven - the topic can't get much better than that. 
  • Strength training session: Specifically, getting a membership to Planet Fitness and going on Saturday. There, how is that for a specific plan? Result: Not done, in part due to the unplanned visit with my mother and sister on Saturday. That's okay, though. 
  • Continue daily medications, supplements, and verse. Result: Done. Really glad I started doing the daily verse. It helps focus me during the day on what's really important. 
  • Run 3 times. Hopefully including one trail run. Result: Done, although all three were kind of tough runs. I think because of starting Whole30. I read this is a common effect though, and workouts get better as the body adjusts. 
  • Seek ways to encourage my husband. Result: Done, I think. He is going through a tough time right now but I admit my patience is wearing a little thin. 
Overall, it was a GREAT week, a huge part due to the Whole30. It wasn't always easy but I felt more clear-headed and energetic than I had in months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment