Saturday, June 25, 2016

Day 3: Even better.

God is helping me. The social event last night got cancelled.
 
Today, I physically feel even better and I have more mental clarity. There's still this uncomfortable desire for "something more." I want some kind of escape.
 
I have noticed more of a tendency to linger on thinking about solving a problem, instead of trying to push it to the back of my mind until I can numb myself with drink.

Last night, I went for a walk with my husband and found plenty to talk about. It turns out some things are still enjoyable sober. Maybe even more so, since I know I will remember the conversation.
I see now just how much I was hurrying up my life until when I could drink again, then it went by so quickly. What a waste.
 
The small things are more noticeable. This was the right choice. Maybe just for now, but it was the right choice.
 
There's so much more. Thank you, God, for preserving my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment